A BRIEF HISTORY OF WIZARDS & WITCHES
Wizards and Witches are people thought to possess magical powers or to command supernatural forces, and appear in the myths and folklore of many cultures.
The word ‘Witch’ usually refers to a female, though male witches exist in some traditions.
Men who possess the powers associated with witchcraft are often known as wizards or warlocks.
All are practitioners of magic and have the potential to be good or evil.
During the Middle Ages in Europe, the belief in witches was widespread. Witches were said to be worshipers of the Devil. Thousands of women and some men were tortured and executed after being accused of witchcraft. The English who settled in North America brought along a fear of witches.
Today, books such as the ‘Harry Potter’ series have re-ignited interest in Wizards and Witches.
'Unicorns feature in many locations within Edinburgh Castle, and are much loved by visitors. The Unicorn is the National Animal of Scotland. The Royal Coat of Arms of Scotland, used prior to 1603 by the Kings of Scotland, was supported by two Unicorns and the current Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom is supported by a Unicorn for Scotland along with a Lion for England.'
Unicorn Silver Drop Earrings:
- A delightful pair of Unicorn earrings.
- Makes for an ideal gift, and a lasting memento.
- They will delight lovers of fantasy books and all things Celtic.
- It will delight lovers of all things Scotland.
- Made in Scotland.
- Crafted entirely out of the finest 925 sterling silver.
- Despatched to you in an attractive black and gold gift box.
- Size (approx) - 33.0mm x 12.0mm (each earring).
- UK shipping.
- International shipping is available.
Pictures for illustrative purposes only.